Flint Creek is a good option right now while other rivers are raging. Flint has been running high and a little muddy but is quite fishable right now.
Flint Creek will certainly fluctuate over the next week. Look for flows that are on the way down to have the best fishing experience.
See below for our tips on fishing Flint Creek near Philipsburg.
Here are a few tips for fly fishing Flint Creek:
1. Cast streamers at the undercut banks and let them swing out into the current
2. Try swinging a BWO emerger soft hackle behind a streamer
3. Try a black and purple micro-chubby with a short dropper of a hot bead worm or zebra midge along the undercut banks
Here are a few fly suggestions:
1. Kreelex Minnow size 6, in copper/gold
2. Micro-chubby size 14, in black and purple
3. BWO Soft Hackle Emerger size 12-14
4. Pheasant Tail Nymph size 16-20
5. Zebra Midge size 18, in red
Flows and looking ahead:
Flow: 233 cfs at the time of publishing this report
Stop by the shop in Philipsburg for the latest report and for everything you need for your trip. We're open 7a-4p daily!