The Clark Fork River is still high and muddy. We would recommend finding another river to fish, or try Georgetown Lake.
Here are a few tips for fly fishing the Clark Fork River:
1. Identify fishable water all the way up against the banks.
2. Try swinging a soft hackle behind a streamer in the long, walking speed runs.
3. Try double nymph rigs against the banks in slow water, with a mix of a hot bead worm, TJ Hooker, or perdigon.
Here are a few fly suggestions:
1. Olive perdigon size 16
2. Purple Haze size 12-20
3. Pink Depth Charge Worm size 10
4. Kreelex Minnow size 6, in copper/gold
5. TJ Hooker size 12-14, in coffee/black
6. Pheasant Tail Nymph size 16-20
7. Hot Bead San Juan Worm size 10, red with a hot orange bead
Flows and looking ahead:
Flow: 935 cfs above Missoula at the time of publishing this report.
Here is a link to the Clark Fork River above Missoula, Montana, USGS Water Information.
Stop by the shop for the latest report and for everything you need for your trip. We're open 7a-4p daily!