Flint Creek has been iced up all winter and flows will fluctuate over the next month or so. However, fish gotta eat! See below for our tips on fishing Flint Creek near Philipsburg.
Here are a few tips for fly fishing Flint Creek:
1. Cast streamers at the undercut banks and let them swing out into the current
2. Try swinging a march brown emerger soft hackle behind a streamer
3. Try a black and purple chubby with a short dropper of a hot bead worm or zebra midge along the undercut banks
Here are a few fly suggestions:
1. Kreelex Minnow size 6, in copper/gold
2. Micro-chubby size 14, in black and purple
3. March Brown Soft Hackle Emerger size 12-14
4. Pheasant Tail Nymph size 16-20
5. Zebra Midge size 18, in red
Flows and looking ahead:
Flow: 134 cfs at the time of publishing this report
Flint Creek may bump a little over the next week but should remain clear and fishable.
Stop by the shop in Philipsburg for the latest report and for everything you need for your trip. We're open 7a-4p daily!