The Clark Fork River is still high and muddy. We would recommend Rock Creek, Georgetown Lake, or Flint Creek.
Here are a few tips for fly fishing the Clark Fork River:
1. Identify fishable water all the way up against the banks.
2. Try swinging a soft hackle behind a streamer in the long, walking speed runs.
3. Try double nymph rigs against the banks in slow water, with a mix of a hot bead worm, TJ Hooker, or perdigon.
Here are a few fly suggestions:
1. Olive perdigon size 16
2. Purple Haze size 12-20
3. Pink Depth Charge Worm size 10
4. Kreelex Minnow size 6, in copper/gold
5. TJ Hooker size 12-14, in coffee/black
6. Pheasant Tail Nymph size 16-20
7. Hot Bead San Juan Worm size 10, red with a hot orange bead
Flows and looking ahead:
Flow: 8300 cfs near Drummond at the time of publishing this report.
Stop by the shop for the latest report and for everything you need for your trip. We're open 7a-4p daily!